Monday 10 December 2018

Sparta vs Athens.

Last night the "Fab Four"(Brian,Graham,Paul and I) found ourselves in Ancient Greece!

A very simple scenario,but with a bit of a twist!!........................................

This note was attached to the Megaran's clip board(Graham was in charge of them!)
I was in charge of the Spartans,Paul and Brian shared the Athenian command-so none of us knew who Graham would side with!!

The opening moves were taken up with skirmishing,and I am moving my left hand Corinthians,to guard my flank and rear,just in case Graham decided he would assist the Athenians-never trust a Greek in your rear!!!-Paul was also very wary,and hesitant to use his Thebans to attack my Spartan line-who will Graham support????

My centre and right have attacked Brian's Athenians,with varying degrees of success,meanwhile Paul has attacked my static Spartans on the left-Graham now appeared on the board,but we still didn't know who he would help-the tension is killing me(and Paul  and Brian!!)

A big "Hurrah" and a sigh of relief-Graham is siding with the Spartans!!-this released my Corinthians from flank guarding duties,and they began to move to thwart Paul's winning(!!!) Athenians-great stuff!

The Spartans and their "lovely" allies(Megarans) are winning in all sectors,and driving the Athenians backwards-another hurrah!

Graham's Megarans giving the Thebans a right old "kicking"-final shot of a good,colourful and exciting game-well done "boys".
Roll on next Sunday-Paul suggested another Ancients game,of Romans vs Dacians and Germans-but who knows????




































2 comments:

  1. Excellent scenario John although greed won over principles. You would understand that. I love the hoplites really good figures.Well done again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,thanks for comment.I was going to send you a Xmas card,but I couldn't be bothered!
      Saw your latest figures on your site-fab-u-lous!!
      johnc

      Delete