Sunday 15 December 2019

Charlie's Xmas Game-medieval.

Our club was invited to Charlie Wesencraft's club Christmas game on Saturday,but due to prior commitments only Graham and I could make it,however we represented our club to the best of our abilities(not knowing the rules or style of play!) and had a very interesting day,and were made more than welcome(being fed copious amounts of coffee and biscuits!)


These two photo's show the setting up process-we played in a factory setting! being hosted by Glen and his son William-many thanks to them both for being such good hosts.


These two shots show the myriad of figures being distributed to each player-young William looks pensive,as well he should-by a throw of the dice he ended up as CinC for our side!!


We're off!!-top photo shows my flank(right of our army) and bottom photo shows Charlie's flank(our left)-it's all looking too civilised so far!!

I had to leave early(2.30) but before I did,this happened-a unit of my archers was charged in the flank,due to a sneaky move by Dave,by his Knights!-I expected them just to be ridden down(as per our Rules!) but they didn't,they turned and fought the Knights to a draw!!-that'll teach him!
As you can see in the background,all hell is breaking loose and everyone is involved-unfortunately my command was wiped out just as I was about to leave-seems familiar!
However I enjoyed the game/banter and hopspitality,as did Graham-once again many thanks to Charlie and his club.

































2 comments:

  1. Its lovely to see Charlie looking chippy. Next time you receive an invite remind Charlie that Im always available for him and dont twist about his rules. Unlike some, oh and I can bring my own biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,he specifically said "don't bring Knobbie!"
      Maybe next year??
      johnc

      Delete