Thursday 22 July 2021

"Epic" new project.

I bought(using contactless payment!) this month's Wargames Illustrated,and in it I saw this advert,from Warlord Games...................


I was "hooked", over 2500 figures plus extras-you can't go wrong!!-I 'phoned Warlord Games and ordered the set,but was told that the price quoted in WI was wrong,plus they had a price increase on the 11th July!-however the guy I spoke to said that because it was my Birthday,and he hated to hear a grown man cry over the phone,he would give me a discount-oh happy day!!

To cut a long story short,the set arrived today,and I am delighted.


The box and its contents-figures,flags,MDF barn,rule book and scenario book,bases and even 6 dice,all neatly packaged.




Just like Christmas-only better! I had been on the internet and viewed a couple of videos,so knew what to expect,even looked at a couple of reviews from people who must whinge for a living! I am totally satisfied with the whole thing.

To show the size of the figures-they are a "slim" 15mm,and I worked out the cost at 4.165p per figure-amazing!


One "sprue" of each,Feds and Rebs,under-coated and ready to be painted tomorrow,plus a detail of the Officer figure.I think my enthusiasm for this project must have inspired Brian and Graham,who both 'phoned me and said they are ordering figures too-I can see us putting on Gettysburg on a one-to-one basis at this rate!! I will,of course, keep you up to date with my progress.





























 

7 comments:

  1. Great to see you buying mainstream wargames goodies. Are you going to try Black Powder rules? I really like them. I love ACW and shall shakily ignore this WWG rush to buy oodles of ACW goodness. There’s zouaves and dismounted cavalry…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,looked at Black Powder rules last night,wouldn't entertain them,I'll stick to JC's tried and tested!!-ask Graham and Brian about Zouaves,Cavalry,skirmishers etc. etc.!!
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you’ve given them the Epic bug. Look forward to seeing how this develops 👍🏻

      Delete
  2. The concept by Warlord is great, and the figures are very nice, but the add ons are pretty expensive. I expect to see John whinging about the cost sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,I leave the whingeing to you professionals!Anyway,what ad-ons?
      johnc

      Delete
  3. The army in a box is a nice idea to enable someone to get 'straight into' a period, but their use of yet another, novel scale for the figures is an annoying bit of marketing as far as I am concerned. Still, lots of people seem to be buying them (and raving about them). I can simply exercise my prerogative not to, hey?! :)
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you mate,I was a bit disappointed that my existing 15mm(warrior) didn't mix in with warlord's but I'm still mighty pleased that I invested the money to buy the starter set-they look good "en masse"
      johnc

      Delete