Saturday 24 July 2021

"Epic Project" update.

I had a full day's painting session yesterday,and completed 2 full sprues,one Union and one Confederate-I am quite pleased with the result.taking into considerstion that I haven't the skill to paint fine detail onto figures,and invariably just paint over them!-I did find that I had a considerable learning curve to overcome,but sorted it out in the end.One minor "gripe" is that the flags provided,in my opinion, are too small,so I went onto the "Warflags" site,down-loaded their 28mm flags,and as per instructions,reduced them to 62%,and they look fine.......................


On each sprue are 100 infantry,one mounted officer and a gun c/w 4 gunners-not too bad eh?



The regiments-Warlord use 5 companies to a regiment,but I'm using each company as a regiment,giving me 60 regiments per side!!-we will be able to field massive  games when all complete,remembering that Brian has also bought the same amount ! plus he has a Brigade of Zouaves-that's another 15 regiments!!!!-In the photo you can see the "new" flags that I down-loaded.


Flocked and ready for battle-only another 22 sprues to go!!























 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like we’re talking corp level games? I’d not noticed but you’re right the epic flags do look small. Good decision and easily remedied. Warflags is a greeeeeeat resource for our hobby and if anything I prefer oversized flags

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,I've painted 40 "regiments" so far and the flags really make them stand out!
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Well done mate. I look forward to seeing their first misadventure

      Delete