Monday 24 September 2018

Battle of Grizzly Creek 1875.

Over the past few years I have introduced several new periods to our club,viz."El Cid",Mongols,Teutonic knights,Crusaders,and last night The Plains Indians War.
I can not expect the same enthusiasm that I have for new periods,from the rest of  the "lads",but I try!!
Last night Graham,Brian and I tried this interesting period,using a combination of Colonial,and our "usual" fighting rules-it wasn't a great success,although I really enjoyed it!
Perhaps we need to try a few more games,and have a few rule changes,as well as reading up about tactics,weapon capabilities etc.etc.


Top photo is scenario,bottom is table before any movement-I controlled all of the Indians,Graham controlled the 7th Cav. and Brian controlled the 2nd Cav.

In this shot(no pun intended!) Graham has got both his troops into position,and is giving the Cheyenne a right old drubbing! however the foot "soldiers" of the Cheyenne are approaching fast!!!

I have managed to surround Brian's command in this shot,although I did take tremendous casualties from my first attack!!

The Cheyenne are still on the table(just!) and are about to be supported by the second Sioux camp warriors.-note Graham's command is vastly reduced in numbers-hurrah!!

"He who fights,and runs away,lives to fight another day"

Final shot of the "battle"-Brian's whole command is slaughtered,and on the other flank,Graham is also "done for"-a great win for the Indians-another hurrah!!


Finally,a couple of photographs of the "camp followers" from Irregular Miniatures,painted up as Squaws!!
Roll on next Sunday.
I originally was going to use the Plains Indians and US cavalry as a solo project,but I'll try another couple of games,involving all the "lads" and see what they think.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment