Monday 10 September 2018

Romans vs Dacians/Germans.

Last night saw the fabulous five fight this rather impressive Ancients game,pitting two legions against a coalition of Dacians and Germans-and what a game it turned out to be!
Dave,Paul and Graham were in charge of the Romans,whilst I commanded the Dacians and Brian commanded the Germans..........................................

Brian opened the proceedings with a most vigorous attack on Paul's legion,whilst I did a similar thing against the fort(held by Graham) and Dave's legion....................


The fort attack and cavalry attack went well,but my Dacian warbands "bounced" off the first line of Dave's cohorts!!



As more and more Germans cross the stream,Paul is being put under alot of pressure,and is losing officers galore!!-so far so good for the Roman formations though(this was to change!!)

I am holding my line here,but a most disastrous cavalry charge against one of Paul's cohorts brought my intended advance to a standstill!!-Dave's Roman lines are a lesson to us all!

Meanwhile,back at the fort-I have gained access to the fort,and my cavalry are pushing Graham's troops back-hurrah!!-but will this situation last??

Look at those magnificent Roman lines,then Paul went "Hollywood!!"................


With flanks up in the air and lines broken,Brian needed to capitalise on this tactical error,but unfortunately he had suffered too many casualties in previous moves,and was held by Paul's legion-damn it all,man!!!

After my initial warband was forced back out of the fort,I have managed to gain access again,and Graham is giving me a hard time with his auxiliaries,but his cavalry have "gone home" and the flank should have been mine,but Dave transferred a cavalry unit of his to Graham and the Romans held their own(can't touch you for it!!)
In the background you can see my second line of Dacian warbands being slaughtered by Dave's second line of cohorts-oh dear,is this the end??

One final shot,showing Brian's Germans,still fighting but against the odds!!-well done to us all,this was another great game,roll on next Sunday-I will probably be "rolling out" my Plains Indians.
We had a brief discussion about what type of game we will be putting on at Battleground on 24th November at Stockton,but as usual,nothing concrete was resolved-I give up!!!-mainly because I had already told Leon(Pendraken) that we would be doing a WW2 game!-watch this space.................

































7 comments:

  1. A great looking game John,as would be expected by you veterans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,stop being nice-you're up to something!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. If Hills, Trees, and Bloody Water had not Impeded me I would have bit his Legs off !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes John not Guilty for once. Vile!!!.You know who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some things don't change... The game looks like a humdinger! Well done all. Hoping to pop to see your game at Stockton
    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,we'll be there-If nothing else happens to the Coutts family!!
      johnc

      Delete