Sunday 23 September 2018

How to make a LOG CABIN>

What every Western scenario needs is a Log Cabin-but I didn't have one! I decided that I would make one.................................................



Top photo is the "former" made from cardboard and black tape,middle photo is the dimensions I worked out before I started,and last photo is the mainstay of the whole operation-Bamboo Placemats!!

I covered one side of the placemat with black tape,because if you don't do that and you start to cut the mat,then the threads holding it all together would be cut,the thing would fall apart, and you would look like a right "tit"-the more observant of you will be asking "How did he know that?"-Hmmmmmm!

Pieces cut to size and door and windows cut with chisel,now to glue the pieces onto the "former".........................

Done,and looking good(??)-THE WIFE,cleverly spotted that it didn't have a roof or chimney!
That's because I haven't made the bloody things yet!!!!!-darling.

I just happen to have a block of air-drying clay(which I am using on another project!) so made this chimney,ready to stick to the gable end.

Stuck and looking part of the cabin already!-but what of the roof??

Mounting card,which I just happened to have too!-note the carefully cut section to go around the chimney top.

Roof in position,so what next?-well,painting the chimney and roof..........................

Finished!! now who would live in a house like this??

Settlers and Pioneers,that's who-I wonder what the neighbours are like?????


Ooh-er!!!-I wish he would stop waving his big chopper about,it's frightening the wife!!








































































No comments:

Post a Comment