Wednesday 19 September 2018

Variety is the "spice" of life!

Before I took a bit ill,last week,I had ordered, and received, a batch of figures,and have now started to paint them.............................

These are "Camp Followers",cauldrons and spits,from Irregular Miniatures,which I am going to paint up as Plains Indians Squaws.

Also on my painting table are some 100 Years War Knights and some Zulus-although I do have quite a number of Zulus,my centre regiments are in need of reinforcements,so another 48 winged their way from Warrior Miniatures!!

I am painting them in batches of 12,and are easy to paint,the detail is excellent and the poses are full of action!

The 100 years war knights are from Lancashire Games,and are superb! However they are "whopping!",and probably will not mix in with the figures Dave and Brian are using(Front Rank,and Perry's) but I thought I might as well paint  them anyway!!.....................


Grand figures!-note the hand-painted shield devices,and Barding devices (LIAR,LIAR,LIAR!)
These ,of course, were photo-copied and reduced to a size that fitted the shields and barding,and then stuck on with PVA glue-quite effective I think(??)

The other two in action!



































6 comments:

  1. Those Knights look good and never forget those Zulus move fast !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back behind the brush. Very nice Knights.... may have to get some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Mike-they are about 35mm!! but good,solid chunky figures,and more importantly,to me, easy to paint!!-I personally would love to have a "battle" of these,but won't fit in with Dave's and Brian's collection!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Well done John, I love the knights. Can I suggest you buy a few figures from the old Hinchliffe Robin Hood range. They are great figures and a good price, ie cheap.Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Robbie-I actually have some "Robin Hood" figures somewhere-I might just hunt them out!
      johnc

      Delete