Sunday 10 May 2020

Battle of Rosewood Junction.ACW.

This was a 15mm solo game played on Thursday/Friday this week.
I took the part of the Union Commander,and came up with a "cunning plan" which was to advance my central brigades over to my right,hoping that the Confederate commander would weaken his centre,then switch them to attack the centre of the "Reb" line-this would all hinge on the Reb. commander throwing an "odd" dice score,at the appropriate time!


Top photo shows my left units holding the Confederate right-just "messing" them about really!-Bottom photo shows the central brigades advancing on their "feint" attack on the Reb. left anchored on Rosewood.


My right hand brigade is attacking Rosewood,in the top photo.whilst in the bottom photo my main attack has swung into line,ready to attack the Reb. centre-the commander threw an "even" score dice,meaning that he wasn't going to fall for my "cunning plan"-damn it all man,that's not fair!!!

My left flank cavalry are moving to attempt to make the Rebs attack me with their cavalry,meanwhile the infantry are just looking at each other!!


The Confederate cavalry have risen to the bait,and a good old melee took place,which the Union cavalry wish it hadn't-ie. they were soundly "thrashed!"-in the background you can see that the Union centre troops are making headway,and the Reb. centre is looking shaky!!


Top shows the Union cavalry being pushed back into their infantry,bottom shows the Union "Zouaves" forcing a gap in the Reb lines-this proved to be the undoing of the Confederate infantry,who took a morale test and decided to go home!!

The defenders of Rosewwod are in danger of being cut off,the also decided to flee,leaving the result of the game in no doubt-a Union victory-hurrah!!


Top is a view of the whole table at the end of the game-the Reb cavalry have also decided to retire(it's good being retired!)-bottom photo is my simple scoring/casualty system,showing the Union win!
A very enjoyable way to relieve the boredom of "Lock-down syndrome!!-Maybe an Ancients game next!


































































































4 comments:

  1. Great action John - I like the little train. I'm sure I bought a similar one...? I've got very forgetful in my dotage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJT,the train was bought at B&M stores for a vast amount of money-£1.99!! would you believe it?-cheers,
      johnc.

      Delete
  2. Well the wrong side won, but... a solo victory! I'm envious. I keep losing my lockdown solo games lol. Take care, Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,just keep changing sides like I do!!
      love to all,
      johnc

      Delete