Sunday 31 May 2020

"Aces High" WW2 planes.

As per my last blog, which left you all in total anticipation(??!!) here is the WW2 plane game...

Each plane was diced for and the status of the pilot(in this case an "Ace" and the nunber of starting points per plane was recorded on a piece of plastic stuck onto the base-note:I used white board marker pen and not permanent marker!!!) and I was ready to go.


Top photo shows the Anglo/American squadrons- 2 Mustangs,2 Hurricanes and 2 Spitfires.
Bottom photo shows the German squadrons consisting of 5 Messerschmitts and 1 Stuka.
It should be pointed out that I also have 2 Lancaster bombers and an American bomber.

The game started well for the Allies,when the "raw" Spitfire pilot killed and shot down the "ace" Messerschmitt pilot on the first move!

The game in full swing-alternate movement was being used with each side shooting in the same move though-white cotton wool underneath the planes serving as "clouds".

The end of the game-for the loss of just one allied plane,all of the German planes have been shot down-the Spitfire in the foreground has a smoke trail attached because it is below 40 points,and its firing ability is now halved-see photo below.....................

These solo effort games are a very welcome relief from what could become boredom in today's climate,and I must admit I am enjoying them all.
I also have the same number of WW1 bi-planes,which look spectacular,and which I will display soon,using the same rules!
My next blog will be entitled "Wargaming with pencil sharpeners"-I can hear you saying,"has he gone mad,has the lock-down finally got to him,should he be locked up not locked down!"
well,keep reading-I'm leaving you in suspension again!!!(or is that suspenders??)


































































4 comments:

  1. Is there no end t your talents you old fraud. I dont understand air combat but do like to see aeroplane combat, so well done. By the way if and when we get to some wargame event I have a little present for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie-is it biscuits??you owe me some biscuits,please make it some biscuits,please,please!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great result. I'm enjoying (and staying reasonably sane because of) my weekly solo games. However I'm not winning many lol :-P Take care and stay well, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,the answer is plain-just cheat!!!
      johnc

      Delete