Wednesday 18 August 2021

Action in the Sudan.

Apologies for short delay in writing the battle/game report,but here goes...................



Top photo is scenario,bottom is table lay-out before any movement-Brian was in charge(?) of camp B,whilst Paul was in charge of camp A-Graham commanded the Haddendowah,and I commanded the Dervish.(Dave couldn't saw through his work ball and chain,so wasn't available!)


Top shows my furious attack on the fort,resulting in the fort troops abandoning it and racing in front of the advancing Bengal Lancers-this was a surprise to Paul who had to halt his advance onto Grahams flank(it's difficult refereeing and playing you know,I had various pieces of paper to give to both Paul and Brian,but as a player I had to give most of them up!!)



Having captured the fort,I am moving my troops against Paul's centre and the outpost-casualties from rifle fire is decimating my Ansars!!! But what of the Haddendowah???

Graham's objective was to attack the town,and he advanced in grand style,however he failed to notice the magnificent firing line being put in place by Brian(how???) being shot at frontally and in the flank,there was only going to be one outcome!!



Top photo shows the Haddendowah's brave charge,but still ignoring the flanking firing line,being shot to pieces! Bottom photo shows the same action from inside the town-a melee did take place against the town walls,but casualties from the rifle fire had taken its toll,and the Haddendowah were beaten!!



Top photo shows my only success in the game-I have over-run Paul's battery,but the rest of my attack has stalled due to clever fire and retire tactics from Paul-you can see in the background that Graham's troops have retired(it's good being retired!) and the game is over-we asked for a draw but the British commanders said NO!!!!

Another good game,laughter abounded,as did the banter,rude jokes and filthy language-nothing ever changes!!!

I have enough of the Warlord Games ACW figures painted now to put on a game,using my "Solo" rules,so roll on next Sunday.































)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Brian and Paul delivered a hard pounding there! Can’t win em all, John…
    Your ACW should be a spectacle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,what do you mean "can't win 'em all"-I can't win any!!!-have had a test game with ACW,and it looks good.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Another fine game and report John.
    It's funny, you are apologised for a delay in writing up the report and here am I catching up on pages of reports from you having been off the blogs for a couple of months!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day mate,hope you're ok with having been "off" the blogs-glad to have you back-I think I've "lost" a couple of regular readers,such a pity! Keep reading and commenting,
      johnc

      Delete