Monday 31 January 2022

El Cid-1098,Spain.

Last night we had a 100% turnout for a cracking El Cid game-it is a pity that,as my knowledge of technology,is so crap, I deleted most of the photographs taken,instead of photo's of the storm damage on the estate where I live ,but never mind I saved a few!

This is not El Cid,but El Tree which fell and blocked the only road in and out of our estate!



Top photo is the scenario and terrain map,bottom shows the table before any movement,Brian,Paul and Graham were the Spanish commanders,whilst Malcom,Myself and Dave were the Moorish commanders.

Graham is defending El Cid's camp-Dave is attacking with a considerable force-the open flank was looking very attractive to both sides!

Brian is looking on as Paul and I clash in the centre with all of our considerable cavalry-Malcom,in charge of the Black guard(defending the Moorish camp) is advancing,about to take on the Spanish heavy infantry,commanded by Brian.


Graham is laughing-but Dave's vigorous assault on his position wiped the smile from his face!!-the melee's were great to see,and both sides were hard pressed,until eventually Dave won the flank,and the game.I was severely slaughtered in the centre,by Paul's cavalry,and Malcom managed to keep hold of the Moorish camp-so we(the Moors) were declared the winners!This was a very colourful game,very fast moving,and actually went right down to the wire!-We won't be playing as a club next week,as Dave,Graham and Paul are going to York_Malcom,Brian and I may have a quiet game between us to get Malcom up to speed with our rules etc-it all depends on if I am up to it,as I haven't been too well for the past few days-Diverticulitus is a real pain(ha,ha did you see what I did there?)-Good luck to everyone who is venturing to York.

































2 comments:

  1. Quite a storm you had, shame to lose mature trees.We mised the worst of it.
    Cracking game, I,'ve quite a few HaT plastics in that period, still to paint, nice mouldings, and altho. the plastic is very soft, acrylic paint takes well.
    I found the same with their Sumerians, when varnished especially.
    Roll on spring, when I retire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,they tell me that It's good being retired!!
    I had some HaT plastics a long time ago,and they did paint up well-keep the comments coming!
    johnc

    ReplyDelete