Tuesday 18 January 2022

Solo Games "R" us!!

I have been indulging my need for games by spending a fair bit of time in my "new" games room.

I have been concentrating on ACW (two games played already) and today on ECW (also two games played)-I set challenges and objectives for both sides,and try whenever possible, to stick to them,letting the dice decide which side wins,within the realms of realism.



ACW game,the REBS had to hold their position,whilst the Union attacked via flanks and direct assault on the wall-very bloody affair!



The costly assault on the Reb-held wall is shown in top photo,a Reb counter attack on the Union centre is shown in the bottom photo.


These are the "casualties!-10 Union units against 4 Reb units-an emphatic win for the Confederate forces,and a very enjoyable afternoon.



ECW game played today-a straight forward "bash",the objective for both armies was to destroy the enemy!!!



Don't you just love huge cavalry battles and lots of artillery???-followed by line upon line of infantry  firing their muskets before getting stuck in with pike and musket butt!!


I'm thoroughly enjoying these small(no pun intended!) games,played in a comfortable room,with coffee etc. to hand and breaks taken when needed!-and of course,I get to win every time!!

Roll on Sunday,we hopefully will have a full turnout,and a cracking Colonial game:Paul hepled with the gas situation thismorning,so we will be warm again.




























 

8 comments:

  1. Very attractive set up, just admit to being very highly tempted to get into Epic ACW , but....have several thousand 20mm to start first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,go on spoil yourself,and your eyesight and your mental health-go for the "Epics"-they were,at the end, a chore,but I am now reaping the benefits!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great stuff John! It's an ideal set up now that you have a variety of small scale minis to game with :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,hope you are all well.I am busy re-vamping my very simple WW2 planes rules and my very simple Sailing Ship rules,so watch this space!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous stuff John.
    You turned these fellows into substantial armies in quick time. It may have become a 'chore', but worth every bit of 'pain', as you note.
    Oh yeah. Great to see that the utilities have been restored too!!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James,thought I'd lost you!-thanks for comment,keep 'em coming.
      johnc

      Delete
    2. No such luck John...!
      I 'come and go' as it's difficult to keep up with all the blogs that I choose to follow and do some of me own stuff. Oh, the first world problems.
      Regards, James

      Delete