Monday 10 January 2022

Oh Happy Day!!

I'm at an age now that I don't have to put up with anything I don't want to(apart from THE WIFE!!) so after spending day after day,and night after night playing solo games in a freezing cold garage(club house!) I decided that enough was enough,and I would,after 50 years of wargaming,get an indoor table! I went to B&Q and asked for a price of a piece of MDF 1 mtre by 1/1/2 metres-the price would be £34.27,plus £30 delivery charge!!!! a total of £64.27-heart attack warning!

As this was more than I could afford(POP_Poor Old Pensioner) I thought I would visit a local Kitchen fitter,to see if they woud sell me an "off-cut"-they said yes,cut the MDF to size,helped me into the car with it,and only charged me £15-job's a good'un!!



The table-covered with a mat bought at Aldi,many years ago,and resting on grandaughter's cot(no longer used!


A few of my "Epic" figures on the table,to show scale etc.-it is in our back bedroom,light,warm and accessible to any amount of coffee,rum and food!!-oh heaven!



I just had to have a small game!It's the small things in life that please me,and having an indoor table will put a smile on my face for a long time!


Look,happy as a pig in poo!!




























8 comments:

  1. If you were a real man, you would give your lass a backhander and tell her to move out of the main bedroom so you could have a big table.So well done for at least getting your foot in the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie-if I wasn't so frightened of her I would!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Excellent solution your table is, I look forward to seeing what games you play on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan-will be solo games,ECW,ACW and Ancients-but,ah, the luxury of it!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, indoor wargames table.
    Luxury! Mine at the bottom of the garden, next to the privy.
    We have got running water though, down the walls indoors when it rains.

    Seriously, ideal set up, you will be able to do more games in the colder months now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Mate,do you have those ferocious spiders in you privvy/dunny??-wouldn't like that much!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Strangely enough here in Bedfordshire we do have some big garden and house spiders, kid you not met one in our hallway, thought it was a mouse!Fast as well!!
    I am retiring in 3 months, so hoping, if spared, to have a lot more games.
    Also, becoming even more like Victor Meldrew, have various organisations lined up in sights, it will be great being retired!
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James-It's good being retired!I got out of the proverbial "rat race" @ 63-never looked back,love every minute of it-we have a resident spider in the garage-if you hit it,the bugger hits you back!!
      johnc

      Delete