Monday 28 August 2023

OCPD Scots!

I think I'm going(gone?) mad,ever since I started painting my 15mm Jacobite Scots,I find I've changed my diet,and now will only eat porridge and deep fried Mars Bars,and not only that I've changed the way I talk-no more the genial Geordie Twang,now its "Hoots Man" and "Lang may your Lume Reek" interspersed with as many "Och Ayes" as you can shake a stick at!!!-However, I am getting on with them...................




 I am,as usual, painting over all the detail that I think is un-necessary(ie most of it!!) but as they are for my solo games,it doesn't matter-the figures are very good,and include officers,bag-pipers,swordsmen,lochaber axemen,musketeers and bowmen,all in various poses-really pleased with them,and it shouldn't take me too long to finish them.

I set myself a task of making some "step" hills for my Sudanese stuff,and again am quite pleased with the result.................




The hills are very simply made by cutting(using a jig saw-I've had the bloody thing for about a thousand years,and this is the first time I've used it!!) some MDF and filing the edges-how clever is that??? I'm planning a game for later on this week,so they'll see some action very soon.All is ready for Border Reiver show next Saturday-I will be demonstrating my Solo rules whilst the rest of the "boys" will be putting on a 40mm 7YW game.







7 comments:

  1. Love your painting approach

    I no longer paint anything I can't see from 6 feet

    Who made the miniatures and what size are the bases

    Big Tam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Big Tam-good to hear from you-the figures are from Lancashire Games,and the bases are 75by50mm-keep the comments coming,cheers,
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Good to see you at the weekend John. Im looking forward to the Reivers show this weekend and expect to enjoy your wit and repartee again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,it was good "crack",and it did me good to get away and talk all things wargaming for a while-see you soon.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Good work on the wee men. Enjoy the show at the weekend. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Chris the show was as good as it will ever be-more "High Flyers" needed in the way of traders,but I enjoyed it,talked my boots off and a few showed interest in my Solo stuff.
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Glad you enjoyed the banter. There’s a lot of shows that lose their head of steam after lunch. I think it’s that a lot of punters come primarily to shop, so a wide range of sellers is a big pull, then they toddle off home once they’ve gone down their shopping list. Hopefully see you at Stockton? Cheers, Chris

      Delete