Tuesday 10 March 2020

At it again!-solo game.

THE WIFE says it's a wonder I'm not blind,playing with myself in the garage!!
Any regular readers will know that WW2 is not my favourite period to play,however I do like the idea of tanks,but not the multiplicity of weapons,armour thicknesses,ranges etc.etc. so to that end I painted(in authentic colours-not!) 8 plastic tanks that my old mate Chris gave me a few months ago,and decided to have a "set-to" using a simple set of rules.


These two photo's show all I needed to keep myself occupied for a couple of hours-what a simple soul I am!!

We're off(what do I mean we?-there's only me playing!!)-tanks are easily identifiable by letters on their rears and the small plastic "flags" on their turrets.-Each tank had 5 red dots against them on my white-board,and each time a tank took a "hit" a dot was removed,until one dot remained,meaning the tank was knocked out!

The "opposition" creeps forward,using all cover it can-the initial red dots also represented the firing points for each tank,so that as a dot was removed the firing points were reduced also-simple!


Top photo shows a "hit" on the opposition tank,but only a two on the dice,however,the bottom photo shows that the opposition tank has thrown a "miss",consequently the top tank scores a hit on the bottom tank,whose firing points are reduced by one!!

These two tanks are engaging each other at short range(short stick!) so no need to throw hit/miss dice,highest dice score wins,and loser loses a dot!!

Fluorescent marker shows tank is destroyed,ie down to one red dot,or a combination of a 5 on the dice with a "hit" also being scored with the hit/miss dice.

As the game progresses,more and more "destroyed" markers are appearing!

The winner!!


Top photo shows white-board at start of game-each tank has 5 red dots,bottom photo shows the board at the end of the game.
I enjoy these simple solo games,but I'm sure the WW2 purists out there will be groaning at my feeble attempts,but "to each their own"
Now for some "proper" tanks......................


Top is 15mm WW2 support troops,painted by Graham,bottom are some A10's and some mark 6's painted by Paul(who told me what they were,'cos I didn't have a clue!)-well done to both of you,but when are we going to see them on the board????






















































































































































6 comments:

  1. Fun looking game with the plastic tanks John. Looks like a game that even I could understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy MJT-the real rules we have for our WW2 games are a little complicated for my taste,so,as usual, I make my own up!!-thanks for comment,
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Well done John, its good to see you are still playing with yourself at such a mature age. Love the 10's so well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,thought you were away on hollies again,but good to hear from you-Paul is painting loads of WW2 tanks at the moment,hoping that Falkirk is still going ahead(doubtful at the moment!) and he always makes a good job of them.
      What do you mean,Mature????-never!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. An English victory? (Sud?). Good to see you having fun with these tanks. Great straight forward rules. Hopefully if Falkirk happens we'll see Paul's A10s and Mk VIs on the table there
    Cheers
    Old Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello matey,between Dave and Paul they've "hundreds" of WW2 desert type tanks,carriers,infantry and artillery,so if Falkirk goes ahead it should be spectacular!
      johnc

      Delete