Thursday 19 March 2020

Virus Crisis 2.

Bored?-what,me bored!-it's only day three of my self-violation,so what have I been doing to keep myself amused?
Well,I have a most "disturbing" cough,which I've had for weeks,which starts at my toes and ends up nearly bringing my lungs up!!On Tuesday tea-time I coughed so much that I couldn't breathe,starved my brain(?) of oxygen,passed out and fell and hit my eye on a cupboard handle!-I couldn't remember anything about it until my wife picked me up and started to mop the blood up-well,the next morning(Wednesday) at about 7.30am I had another coughing "episode" resulting in another fall,onto the bedroom floor,cracking my head and bloodying my nose-again,I couldn't remember a thing!!-However,I can now control the bloody cough,so no more falls/pass-outs,just a very sore head,eye and body........................


Poor old soul!
I "dug out" some figures which I have had for a couple of years today,undercoated them,and will hopefully start to paint them tomorrow(unless I decided to head-butt a floor somewhere!)
I don't know the manufacturer,they are French/Indian war figures(rangers and courier du bois) and the animation is very good-can anyone help to identify the make??


There's about 36 of them,top photo-bottom photo is some kind of officer figure-too much detail for any sane man to paint though!!-as per my usual painting method,I'll probably just paint over the detail I deem irrelevant!
My eyes(the good one that is!) has drifted more and more to my neglected guitars over the past few days,so may take playing up again,when I finish these figures-could I combine the two and use one of the figures as a Plectrum!!!-now I'm wandering!!


"Busking" can be quite lucrative,but I'm sure people used to pay me to "STOP" playing!
Anyway,I don't think I can stay away from this little beauty for 13 weeks!

I will keep you up to date with painting and news as it happens,and,hopefully, the rest of the "boys" will contribute with news and text and photo's.




































































20 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope you got yourself seen too, fainting is not to be sniffed at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Herkybird,the only person you can see at the moment is the "corner shop" manager-when you 'phone the Doc's they try and arrange a "triage" call but they are so over-stretched!
      Feel much better today!-thanks for concern.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Take care of yourself, I look forward to seeing these figures moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allan,I have put the "block" colour on them today,so hopefully in a couple of days I will have something to show!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. You should have posted a warning before you showed an image of yourself, it was quite a shock.On a more sensible note have you contacted the NHS help line just to be informed to stay inside.Passing out isnt a good thing although it would keep you quiet. By the way I was reading my Battle magazines and who should I spy in the letters section? Only you berating and attacking some poor sod re his wargaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Robbie,111 is so over-stretched at the moment,and my Doc's are in "hibernation" I think at the moment-however I feel much better today-cough loosening up,always a good sign-I can't remember berating anyone about their wargaming-what was it about??
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Ill get back to you. By the way what size shoes are you?

      Delete
    3. Robbie,because of my "cloven feet" I can't wear shoes!!

      Delete
  4. Bl**dy hell.. be careful man.. figures.. Parkfield Miniatures??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve-the-Wargamer,Parkfield Miniatures-I'll look them up,thanks for info,and I will be careful-THE WIFE won't let me out of her sight,incase I keel over again!!
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear of your injuries... I hope you recover and don't bash yourself again. Possibly Dixon miniatures?

    Anyhow, stay safe. Best regards Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mike,another couple of readers agree with you that the figures are indeed Dixon-many thanks.
      johnc

      Delete
  6. Your FIW figures are Dixon, i painted a lot of them 30 years ago..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello DC,and many thanks for info,I hope your efforts are greater than mine-I am a most terrible painter,mainly because I rush them,to get them onto the board as quick as possible,regards,
      William(Johnc)

      Delete
  7. Pretty sure the figures are Dixon......the officer certainly has the look of one.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil,it looks as though they are indeed Dixon figures,many thanks,and keep reading.
      johnc

      Delete
  8. Wow John. Take it real easy. Hope you're over this soon. Cheers Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,can't get any worse(can it??) thanks for concern.
      johnc

      Delete
  9. Just seen this! Crikey John hope you're recovering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy matey,my very good friend,Captain Morgan,is helping with my recovery-lovely chap!!
      johnc

      Delete