Monday 23 March 2020

Painting update/Club News.

As expected,we learned today that Carronade show at Falkirk has been cancelled due to this virus-a great pity but understandable in the circumstances!
I feel "blessed" at this time,in that this hobby has given me two wonderful things:-something to keep me occupied in times of need,and,possibly the greatest thing anyone can have, Good Mates who have all phoned to make sure my wife and I are okay(special thanks to Paul for getting us a chicken and rare tins of Ratatouille!!!)-couldn't do without you lads!.
Well,I've been "cracking" on with the Ranger and Courer du bois figures(I've actually seen three different spellings of these!!)

Block colour has been put on the lot-green for rangers,brown(different shades) for the others(see the way I avoided the spelling thing?) I have decided to paint eight kneeling figures first,so that I can fit them into an existing plastic canoe or rowing -type boat.

First eight,almost complete-these are nice figures to paint-although I must admit that ,for my eyes, there are too many straps to wrestle with!

He looks a bit aggressive doesn't he?-in the background it looks like there's a "line dancing" class going on!!


Top photo shows Rangers in the canoe,bottom shows the "others" in same said canoe!!
I have stuck the figures onto a narrow base,because they will only be used in either the canoe or the rowing boat.

Highly decorative rowing boat,c/w Rangers-you can just see the narrow base that I stuck them to.

The rest of the figures are progressing nicely,and should be finished in a couple of days time.

I set myself two targets for today-one was to gain an audience with the Pope,the second was to contact a Doctor about my awful cough(and hopefully get some anti-biotics),well,I am seeing the Pope next tuesday(flights permitting!) but so far no Doctor,still I will keep trying!!
Please keep reading my "drivel" and commenting where appropriate.





















































































15 comments:

  1. Have heard in my old stamping ground of Wallsend there is not a Whippet to be had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine that Whippet is a canine local delicacy... Are you expecting the police to roll out vintage tanks to keep folk off the streets? We've had 6 bags of groceries off one neighbour so far as we've been self-isolating for a week n a half. Look after yourself. Cheers, Chris

      Delete
  2. Stay well (and sane?!) Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,Well yes,sane-you must be kidding!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear you are ok and the figures look great. Best wishes Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,thanks for kind comments,you keep safe too.
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi StW,I think it was part of a set bought at £1 shop!!-value or what???
      regards,johnc

      Delete
  5. Great figures John - Warrior Minis?
    Nice painting too.
    What's all this stuff about the Pope? Concussion talking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJT,figures are apparently Dixon! Two readers have confirmed.I found them difficult to paint because of all the straps and "parafenalia" about the bodies!!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. Sssshhhh.. don't tell him Brian but that chicken...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the good old Days when the Bloke down the Road Bred Rabbits for the Pot and you were always told it was Chicken.

      Delete