Tuesday 17 March 2020

The Virus Crisis.

Well,the Government have asked me(being over 70) to self-violate,and avoid all forms of human contact for 3-4 months!!So that's put an end to club wargaming for a while,but there's still solo I suppose.What I can't understand is how this virus only effects people who own cars(that's a really funny joke that I made up)-car-owner virus,get it??-Hmm!
I have been working(?) on a top secret project for the past few months,and it is way beyond what I've ever done before,a sort of combination of role-play and skirmish,and I really don't know if the rest of the "boys" will take to it!-It is a "Treasure Island" game using figures from Warrior Miniatures catalogue....................


This is the complete list of figures,and as you can see it includes all the old favourites such as Ben Gunn,Long John Silver,squire Trelawney,Blind Pew,etc. etc.
I ordered two of everything on the list,painted them up,and started to think of rules,scenarios etc.........................


A box full of fun.Because I didn't have to stick to uniform colours,I actually enjoyed painting these little chaps,the detail is good,the animation is good,and you can clearly see who is who!


Israel Hands(Boooo!) and Long John  Silver(sort of Boooo,but not as much as Israel Hands!)
I have worked out a points system,movement system,melee etc. and I've had a couple of trial games,which seem to work,but of course the real trial will be when I play against an opponent-so watch out "boys".-more to follow!!!!

I hit the stock-piling jackpot the other day(I know I shouldn't but the temptation was too great!) with this glorious purchase.............................



More string and magnets that you could shake a stick at!!
Please,please look after yourselves and keep safe during this most severe test of our spirit.




































































15 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the Treasure Island game very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allan,hope you're well,and thanks for comment-I will be working on it over the next few weeks(months?)
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Those figures painted up really well, nice work. Look forward to seeing more of this project. Cheers Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MIke,hope you're well,the figures do look quite good when placed in groups of characters-on-going project!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. But why the string??? I loves a bit of pirate action. Look forward to seeing how the crew react. Liz is just getting over the much dreaded lurgy. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo HO Ho Chris-I will obviously have a bit of time to sort things out with these figures,so keep looking!
      Having had two "worrying" black-out/falls due to excess coughing fits,my face is battered and bruised at the moment,so I hope I get over my dreaded lurgy soon too.
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Interesting idea John, One of my favourite books written by one of the first recorded wargamers. So who made the figures then because they are very nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie-the clue to who made the figures is in the text!!!!!
      I have a first edition copy of the book-difficult to read but very exciting story-I didn't know Bob was a wargamer.regards,
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Best Long John ever Robert Newton.
    Arr Jim Lad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a great Long John Silver. Hope you're fit n well Brian. Cheers, Chris

      Delete
    2. Brian,I thought he was the man who invented gravity!!
      johnc

      Delete
    3. So who invented Gravy.
      Thanks for asking Chris all ok at Minute.
      On the Painting front I am putting finishing touches to a Covenanter Army and am well on with a Spartacus Slave Army to give the Romans a Ploating.

      Delete
    4. Both interesting subjects. Are the Covenanters 15mm to muscle in on John's solo gaming? Stay well!

      Delete
    5. Hi Chris,Brian's figures are 28+mm figures and may "struggle" to fit in with my 25mm Warrior armies,but we'll get by!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. Brian,the man who invented gravy was Mr. Bisto!
    By the way,what would the uk's population do without their very close relatives-Auntie Bessie and Uncle Ben???
    johnc

    ReplyDelete