Saturday 28 March 2020

A Plethora of Pachiderms.

I have achieved two goals this week,one I've finished the Elephant model,two,following Government guidelines,I have been to Tesco for ESSENTIALS.........................

Phew,rum and coke and lemon slices-luxury to the palate!!
The elephant model I started earlier this week,is now finished-hurrah!


Early stages,and simple colour scheme(lazy!)-I decided to paint the Mahout in situ,in case I couldn't get him in place once the tower was put on.


Top photo shows tower stuck on,bottom photo should have a caption of"does my bum look big in this?"


Top photo shows the 4 figures supplied,but only 2 can fit into the tower,and I hate wasting things,so I added a shield to the spare javelin man,and included him on the base.


All finished! I took the following photo's to show my Successor-type elephants.............


11 Successors,12 Carthaginians plus 12 Indians-you can't have too many elephants!!!

In my last blog I mentioned my "Rumblebox"-here it is.........................


Unwanted,unloved,broken and discarded figures from as far back as the early 70's-thousands of 'em!!
Whilst "rumbling" through the box last night,I came across some Ancient Greeks,so just might paint up a small "vignette" of the Spartans last stand at Thermopylae-oh no not another project!!!!




































































































12 comments:

  1. Elephants are looking fine as is the rum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Allan,thanks for very kind comment-I was going to put a "wash" on the elephant,but going on past experience,I would have ruined it!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. He's a lovely elephant John, Im really going to have to get an ancient army that uses elephants. By the way just ordered from Amazon the Campaigns of Subattai? which bis a decent price on the site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,hope you're a bit better now.
      The way we use elephants in our ancient games means,as in real life, they a "tad" unpredictable-leads to alot of rude words!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Could feed a family for a while Brian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reckon that leaves you 1 Successor elephant short ;-) thumbs up for the essentials. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,see my next blog for the "pains" that I had to go through just to get the "essentials"-Tesco is causing all the problems!!
      johnc.

      Delete
  6. A bit like tiger tanks you should always have more than you can justifiably field!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Stryker-that made me smile,and,of course, you're right-which WW2 buff hasn't got too many Tigers???
      johnc

      Delete