Tuesday 31 March 2020

New Club Venue.

Having put my house under Martial Law,I have commandeered the small bedroom as my temporary wargames room.

It's dry and warm and comfortable,what more could you ask for??-I even invited the rest of the "boys" around to watch me play some solo games....................................

Thanks for coming around lads,I really appreciate your company,but I'm not sure that you're observing the guidelines for "social distancing"!!!!!!!!


My first game-English Civil War,using all the 15mm figures I have-a grand affair,very enjoyable,and,I'm sure it will be one of many until his terrible business is all over.


An all-action game,taking about an hour and a half,with a win for the Parliamentarians-great stuff.
My next game,tomorrow, will be an attack by a Royalist force against a Parliamentarian-held village,with me taking the part of the Royalists.

The set-up for tomorrow -the "boys" seem to have gone home!!!



































































15 comments:

  1. Great stuff. Do you remember that poem " the land of Counterpane"? Here it is for real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There Mike,yes,Robert Louis could write a good'un-I wish I could!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Just been catching up on the blogs I usually follow. Glad to see you are on the mend after the falls etc. But teddy bears??!! What the hell was in those antibiotics?!! Stay safe to you and the family. Happy gaming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dennis,good to hear from you,what do you mean Teddy Bears?-they're real,real I tell you,nothing but real!!!!!!-self isolation is not effecting my mind one bit!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Splendid use of spare bed but a tad uncomfortable to sleep in. How do you mange not to dislodge the figures or do you not toss and turn in your sleep?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allan,you've got it all wrong-this is THE WIFE'S bed,but now that I've convinced her to spend her isolation in the downstairs cupboard until this is all over,I can game happily with no upset to figures or terrain!!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Fabulous! This along with the floor was my first table terrain for playing with toy soldiers - pure Land of Counterpane by RLS. I have yet to stitch together or hex my counterpane terrain shown here.
    https://manoftinblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/12/the-land-of-counterpane/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,Mark,Man of Tin-any port in a storm! and what a storm we're in at the moment-keep the comments coming.
      johnc

      Delete
  5. The boys look like they're behaving themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy Matey,don't you believe it,I swear I heard the "dog"(aka Brian) break wind!!!
      johnc

      Delete
  6. No not Guilty because if I had I would have put Blankets over their Heads!!!.
    By the way there was a Bloke in the 60s brought a Record out.
    His Name was Napoleon X1V it just about sums you up at the Minute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Brian,they're coming to take me away,ha,ha!!
      The "funny farm" is another name for Palmersville you know!
      johnc

      Delete
  8. John....you are losing the plot...🤣😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davey-how was I supposed to know it was you????-I actually lost the plot a long,long time ago!!
      johnc

      Delete