About a thousand years ago I bought some river/stream sections from a company called A and A models,they are out of business now,which is a shame because they produced some good terrain pieces,however these sections were made of plaster,and consequently were brittle.Over the years I have had to repair and repaint quite a few of them,so I decided this week to base them in long sections instead of the 6" sections they are now.
this blog is to tell you how I did it.
I first placed the sections I wanted to have in longer sections and drew around them,the photo below shows this being done.I had to number both the sections and the Hardboard lengths so I didn't get mixed up-as if !! The second photo shows all the hardboard lengths drawn out and numbered,this is the tricky and dangerous part,the dreaded "jig saw" was prised from its case,and after a bit of wrestling with Aln Keys and plastic guards,I eventually got to cut around the shapes on the hardboard-added bonus,I didn't lose any fingers,although I did get "nagged" for getting saw dust on the flowers!!!
This shows the numbering of both the sections and the hardboard,trying not to waste any.