Monday 10 February 2020

At a loose end!

Having been a bit poorly for a few days(heavy cold,chest infection,anti-biotics etc) I have struggled to find inspiration or energy to do anything,let alone concentrate on wargaming stuff!
However I have been "messing about" with my Asian buildings,trying to find a good combination/location on my "Village/Town" ready made board,and may have come up with the ideal setting for them(always subject to change!!)............................


Two views from left and right.


Front view and "birds-eye" view,now for a couple of "set-up" shots to show how I hope the Town will look once I get back to feeling okay.


Can't wait!!
Finally,can anyone tell me why,after twenty or so years,my holly bush has suddenly developed berries on it?????

Very strange!
Roll on next Sunday,hopefully I will be okay,and we will be back into the swing of things.
















































14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Alan,thanks for concern-feeling a bit better today-could be the rum kicking in though!!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great little village. Since you ask about your Holly tree... Native British Holly can be male, female or both . Your tree could be a female or a hermaphrodite (monoecious). Probably the former and it's bearing berries for the first time because there is a new male Holly in the area. Sometimes trees don't fruit unless they are stressed in some way, and last year's hot summer may have caused it to feel threatened and thus reproduce.... It's all sex, sex sex!!! You did ask, and it happens to be my trade:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike-wow,am I impressed or what??-I didn't think that sort of thing could go on in my garden-but many thanks for the info.I'll do some "delving" now,thanks,
      johnc

      Delete
    2. PS. Hope you are feeling better soon!

      Delete
    3. Cheers!-feeling much better today,thanks.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Coronovirus is it? You better not have infected me and the hundreds who attended York. It would probably be the first time you've given anything away for free.By the way the holly is carrying berries because its reached maturity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie-you've reached(and passed!) maturity,but there's no berries on you!
      As for giving nothing away-may I remind you of the thousands of biscuits I've given you in the past??
      johnc

      Delete
    2. Robbie you have been to China and Feasted on Chickens Bollocks Etc turn Yourself in.

      Delete
    3. Brian,"self isolation" is too good for the likes of him-he'd probably start an arguments with himself anyway!!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. The Asian buildings look great John. Been sick myself - rubbish isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy matey!must admit I'm pleased with the way they look.
      Caught my "cold" from attending a playgroup of two year olds(grandaughter included)-they're just a bunch of disease ridden,snotty little anarchists!!-but we love them.
      johnc

      Delete
  5. Very nice! Looking forward to seeing a battle played using the village. Get well soon and may that rum speed your recovery process. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stealth(didn't they name a bomber after you?)-thanks for comment-battle already planned,and yes Doctor/Captain Morgan is helping recovery!!!
      johnc

      Delete