Monday 24 February 2020

New 25mm Village.

Firstly,the "understatement" of the year-for the past two weeks I have not been well!!
Now on with the blog............................................

I received my quarterly(?) copy of this fantastic publication last week(I don't know which day because I have not been well!) and looking inside spotted this............................


Now,I wasn't interested in making paper soldiers(way too fiddly for my sausage fingers!) but a new set of rules(fast play as well!!) got my attention-the book is "lavish" and the figures are great/genius,but at the back are these fabulous buildings to make up using photo-copy card(a bit like photo-copy paper but thicker!) which I just happened to have.....................


Card and buildings sheet,which you can photo-copy as many times as you like-the instructions were "sketchy" but common sense and glue and craft knife and scissors,produced these in just a morning's work............................

Separate doors,windows,chimneys(which I didn't use!) are provided,so you can put them where you like.One and two storey buildings can be made,I even "customised" a building-clever boy!!




Details of the windows available-fantastic!-this is the gable end of the church,complete with "sticky-out" bit on the side!-Thatch and tiled roofs are available too,and all for £4.99p!!

Laid out on my "village/town board to see the effect it could have,but needs some 25mm figures to give the scale.....................


I am pleased,and my next "project" will be to make a Castle,using the towers and wall sections,which could stretch the width or the length of our 10 foot by 6 foot table-not bad!!
The fast play rules-well,compared with our house rules,aren't, and way too complicated for my brain(well I haven't been well you see!!)




































































































8 comments:

  1. Those buildings look very nice John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahoy matey-thanks for comment,I think they look the part,and will probably "pop-up" in many games to come!
      johnc

      Delete
  2. Great work, looking good on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Allan,I must admit I actually enjoyed making them,so will employ them asap!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your coronavirus John, hopefully the self imposed isolation will be finished now. Im surprised that you found the rules complicated.They are written by Andy Callan who has written some terrific wargames rules over the years and like you uses everyday items to fight wargames. You have a lot in common. Great building by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,I am touched by your concern for my well-being!
      As for the rules,well,anything more complicated than how clothes pegs work,is beyond me!!!cheers,
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Hope you're fully recovered. Buildings look fab. Great crafting :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,thanks,about 80% there! I'm sure the buildings will appear very soon!
      johnc

      Delete