Monday 17 February 2020

Battle of Magfar 1882.

Last night we donned our pith helmets and polished our sandals and marched into Egypt,fighting red-coated British against an entrenched Egyptian army.


Top photo is the scenario,bottom is the table before any movement.Paul commanded the left and centre of the British line,whilst I commanded the right.Brian was in charge of the troops in the town,and Graham commanded the troops in the isolated fort next to the canal.

I was in charge(?) of the rocket troop-this is how it was supposed to look when being fired:Next photo is what happened when I ordered it to fire on the Town..............................

Bloody thing exploded on takeoff!!! killing all the crew.................................

Whoops! sorry lads it was an accident!!


Top photo shows my attack against the Town,bottom shows Paul's attack against the isolated fort,both Brian and Graham were looking worried!

Every club has one-ours is called Paul!-you know,, the guy who always throws high dice,lucky dice,always hits his target,kills opposing officers etc. etc.!!!-well last night the "King" of dice-throwing was reduced to a quivering wreck by throwing low dice all night!!!-and managed to get two out of three companies of the Naval Brigade slaughtered-his attack was not going well.


My cavalry are moving onto Brian's flank,whilst my infantry are moving forward,but taking casualties from the Egyptian guns.As he was outnumbered,Brian moved two companies from his right flank onto the centre of his position,in readiness to support the town if needed,leaving Graham with no hope of reinforcements!!

Paul's remaining Naval company supported by the Black Watch and Marines are storming forward,hoping to take the Fort and defensive wall-come on Paul,redeem yourself!!

My troops are fighting hand-to hand at the Town walls,and winning!!-I am just about to attack Brian's defensive wall......................


I did and the melee went my way,after a tremendous struggle-Graham's troops decided to retire(it's good being retired!) which left Paul free to dismantle the Dam and claim a victory,and with the Town in my hands the game was over-Brian had the audacity to ask for a draw!!!!
I enjoy Colonial games,they are fast and furious affairs,this was no exception-well done lads.
Roll on next week-possibly an Ancients,but who knows?



















































































































































7 comments:

  1. Definately a dodgy set of dice.. tampered goods..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ones I was given when I first came to start my Sentence ?

      Delete
  2. Lovely game John. Its great to see crap dice being thrown, its the way forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robbie,as it's usually me who throws the crap dice,It was good to see someone else throw some bad ones!!
      johnc

      Delete
  3. Nice one fellas. Well played. And yet another scenario worthy of copying. I look forward to reading about the ancients game. Colonial and ancient are both top periods to game. Cheers, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Chris,copy away!-Ancients game will be making way for a Medieval/El Cid game next time we play.
      johnc

      Delete