Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Vikings Have Landed!!

After only a few days wait,my Viking Army has arrived from Warrior Miniatures,and I am so pleased with them!!
I wanted 12 units of 16 figures each,plus 8 Beserkers,which comes to 200 figures................


£86 for 200 figures-totally amazing,that works out at 43p per figure(the £86 includes P&P!)


This is the first 16,under-coated and "weaponed up"-a good variety of axes and spears are sent too!!



The detail on all of the figures is good-as my painting style is not very good,they are just right for me.


Swordsman-can't wait to get started-a few weeks hard painting will see these on the board!!




By way of a contrast,especially on price,these four figures cost me £7.50p after a £1 discount!!-they are from Perry's and the detail is superb-until the Vikings get in among them!!!
So I will get these "priests" etc finished today,and tomorrow the Vikings will get started in earnest!!

























4 comments:

  1. Nice to see these in the flesh.... I like the painting style , and they are going to get painted, which is more than most of my figures. Great figure of the chap on the mule as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Springinsfeld,First unit is already finished(see next blog) and second one will be started today(Friday) hopefully all will be completed in about 4 weeks or so!!
      Chap on donkey is "Peter the Hermit"-I assume,because he is "out and about",that he was one of the more social Hermits!!!
      johnc(william)

      Delete
  2. Bloody hell John! £86???? Where did you get that kind of cash from??! Yer a poor pensioner!!! Good addition to the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI JordD,good to hear from you -bread and water for at least a week after that investment!!
      keep the comments coming.
      johnc(william)

      Delete