Thursday 6 May 2021

Another Project.

Because I'm such a nice guy I decided to help Brian out with his WW2 Japanese,by building two Zero fighters,but that's not all,oh no,I also decided to paint some plastic Japanese infantry to supplement his Japanese infantry . I accordingly sent away for a box from Warlord Games,and they arrived yesterday.


Beautifully illustrated box,and 5 sprues,c/w bases....................



Detail of one sprue(they are all the same!) and "Instruction sheet" identifying the parts.


Washers stuck to plastic bases to give them weight and stability,and the glue I bought to stick all the pieces together-Maybe it's just my simplistic approach and out-look on life,but I can not understand why they choose to put all the packs,bottles and scabbards on separate tiny bits,why not mould the bits onto the bodies?(of course I know why-diversity,but it would make life much more simple for the likes of me!!)-the glue,by the way,sticks very fast leaving no chance of readjusting where you have put the various items!


The seven figures I have made up so far-there were eight,but that one went into the bin after "umpteen" attempots to get it to lie flat(a prone figure firing a machine gun-there won't be any machine gunners in my squads!!)-Another "gripe"-why the "ballerina" pose of two of the figures-trying to get them stuck vertically to their bases was a nightmare!!I will start the painting procedure tomorrow,and see how they come out.

























4 comments:

  1. Brave man. Know you’re not a fan of plastics. You can turn your hand to anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at the moment.. it's glued to the table lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking at that sprue makes me feel queasy. I can cope with sticking a shield or even a head on... but like you say, why on earth are all those fiddly bits seperate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent!-I,ve actually finished all the figures now(blog to follow) and had loads of unused bits that just went in the bin-save the planet??
      johnc

      Delete