Friday 14 May 2021

Project Radio Shack.

As regular readers will know,my plans and ideas for building- type projects,far outweigh my crafting and modelling abilities ! This project,to complement my WW2 Japanese infantry,is going to be a Radio Shack/HQ,but will require a "project manager",one who is skilled in tool handling(steady!) possess a cool head under pressure,has years of first class modelling and crafting experience,but above all must be terribly handsome!!-however I couldn't find anyone like that so this chap will have to do..........................................


Note PPE-well those pencils are sharp you know!!


This is the initial planning stage-meticulous planning is essential in any of my projects-when I was working(I'm retired now,I don't know if I've mentioned this before!) I excelled in organisation and methods-note meticulous drawings!


As I wanted the shack to stand on legs,I cut some doweling to length, and drilled four holes in the base-board-this is the second attempt-the first time I drilled the holes too near to the edge,and split the base-see,meticulous planning!!!!

Detail of where the ladder is going to be(BBQ skewers) note "notch" cut out for them!



Palisade,cut from a corrugated box, and glued in place with good old UHU glue.


Shack cut from same box,and also UHU glued together-everything,so far,is going quite well!

This is how the finished article will look-I have just found a bag of modelling/craft matchsticks-what could I possibly use them for?(nothing gets wasted in my house!!)


Matchsticks stuck into corrugated holes(who's a clever boy then?) to complete the palisade.


Ladder,with matchstick rungs,in place,and whole thing up on legs-not looking too bad(questionable?)


Top shows the whole thing undercoated white,but looks blue in the kitchen light!! Bottom shows the roof covered with filler,so I can texture it into looking like thatch.



Everything sprayed dark brown(only colour I had!) roof awaiting a "straw" colour to be mixed.


Finished,and ready for a "photo-shoot" in situ,I think....................



A bit rough,but worth fighting over!-I still have a few thousand matchsticks left,what could I use them for?-no wonder it takes me seconds to get to sleep at night,my brain never rests!!!














































































































7 comments:

  1. That’s some fine crafting there, John. Not sure what Daph will make of what you’ve done to the breadboard mind... By the by, Paul may have a Japanese portable pillbox...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris-if only I had the skill I could go into full production-NOT! As for the JPP-the mind boggles.
      johnc

      Delete
  2. I really like home-made terrain and buildings, especially when done as well as this. Top stuff John.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day mate,glad you liked it-I guess I'm just too mean to buy this sort of stuff!-good to hear from you,cheeers.
      johnc

      Delete
  3. That really looks good... Fine work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike-if you apply the "three foot rule" it looks passable-hope you're ok,
      johnc

      Delete