Monday 17 May 2021

Bargain figures.

For quite a while now I have been meaning to get some "correct" English infantry to fight against my Jacobite Scots.(we normally use Marlburian figures!) As you will all know,I am a great fan of Warrior Miniatures,so my natural choice was to go to my catalogue and "peruse" what was on offer.......................

This is the full range of British Redcoats,and I opted to go for the Pack F,50 figures for £20.The figures duly arrived in quick time,and I was amazed at the quality...............



The detail is very good and figures well animated,casting is crisp and need minimal cleaning up!


Detail of officer figure,and privates marching! John Holt is such a nice guy to deal with and his service is second to none-couldn't be more pleased



Private advancing,and look,he even throws in a tube of super glue to fix the muskets,halberds ,standards and swords onto the figures-absolute class!! I just hope I can do these figure justice with my painting.By the way, 50 figures for £20 works out as 40p,yes 40p, per figure!!(plus p&p)















 

9 comments:

  1. These figures look excellent John. I like that they have reasonable proportions, are in sensible poses and sans any stupid expressions on their faces!
    Regards, James
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day mate,your comments are always appreciated,the figures are class,and great value-I believe that John Holt has relatives in Ozz.and spends some time there,cheers,
      johnc

      Delete
  2. What great figures at a bargain price. Appreciate the review, because if there's one teeny thing that lets down Warrior Miniatures, it's the lack of photos on the website. I'm sure I'd have ordered loads if I could see the figures and size. Any chance of a review of the ACW range?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mike,I agree-maybe like me he isn't too au fait with IT. these figures are really good-I'm actually looking forward to painting them!!-I only have 15mm ACW figures,but could do a review on them???

      johnc

      Delete
    2. Hi guys
      If you click on Picture Gallery and then choose 25mm American Civil War you will see 4 figures from the range. I have bought some of his ACW. Used them for New Zealand militia! Infantry, cavalry and artillery. All nice and as everyone, but mostly John, points out great value

      Delete
  3. Thanks for this John, I was interested in getting some samples from Warrior. They are lovely figures and remind me of Willie figures except a lot cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robbie,that's one hell of a compliment,comparing them to "Willie Figures"Go on send for some samples!!
      johnc

      Delete
  4. Nice figures. Always enjoyed dealing with Warrior miniatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil,glad you're still with us!!couldn't agree more with your comment-keep 'em comimg!
      johnc

      Delete