Monday 17 May 2021

JPP!!

Courtesy of Chris and Paul,I am now the proud owner of a JPP!-but what is a JPP?

Well,a JPP is a Japanese Portable Pillbox!!-this came to me as a grey resin model,which I have modified to have two machine guns,a flag and a very authentic camouflage pattern...............


Looking like something out of Doctor Who,these were apparently welded and rivetted together and transported to wherever they were need on the back of lorries!!


Detail of the pillbox,and a figure to give the scale-once we get ourselves organised ,and all figures painted,I think we'll have some fun with this little item!!

I have thought of my next "project",and it will be a Landing Craft-Phillipine Islands for the use of!!-never idle.








 

2 comments:

  1. There’s speculation that they date back to the Russo-Japanese War! 8.5 foot tall. No info about weight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Chris,quirky little thing,bound to make an appearance as soon as we can get up and running!
      johnc

      Delete