Monday 10 February 2014

18th Century "Cock Up"

As an avid Scenario writer,it is inevitable that sometimes I will get things wrong,and last night was one of those times!!-I managed to completely misinterpret my own thoughts,and gave an impossible task to one side to accomplish.
Dave,Richard and I were to attack two redoubts,held by Paul and Brian,but the British contingent(Richard) was shot to hell before he even got close-sorry boys!

This shows Richard's first attack being "mangled" as he came out of the woods,and had to form up before he could advance-this was my big mistake,in the scenario writing-I am marching my Austrians to protect his left,whilst Dave was protecting his right.


This photo shows Paul's good position in the redoubt-his troops,however, were very "poor" quality,which should have given the British a good chance of getting in!!


The British are in dis-array,Dave is sending his troops to support,and Brian is looking "glum"-a Google poll has proved that he is the most photographed person on the Web!!


British second attack going in,with superb support from Dave-Brian(the most photographed person on the Web) is still looking "glum"


It's my turn to try and attack the damned redoubt,with my Austrians-they too "bounced" although I am making a bit of progress around the flank,meanwhile,over on the far right,Brian and Dave are getting stuck in.


The last shot of this game-we did manage to get a foot-hold in the redoubt,and Dave's Prussians are making slow progress,but in the end we had to admit defeat.Who's that looking glum?
No more to be said!!
Roll on Thursday-I have issued a sort of "challenge" to Brian,who will be using his Egyptians against an army that I have in mind,should be good,Thursdays always are.






























5 comments:

  1. A scenario that mimics appalling generalship perhaps?! The photos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the game John and I think you are being too harsh on yourself. Despite the difficult position that the English troops were in, we did manage to come very close to carrying the position! The difference, in the end, was probably Paul's incredible number of 5's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you about John, Dave however I think the Game was up for the English when I sent in Mcalpines Fusilers.Also I dont think it did your cause any good when someone threw a Plethora of 2s!! Now thats a good word for Wallsend lad!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha good word Brian. Yes McAlpines fusiliers were a little tardy but eventually rolled up (probably drunk). I didn't want to mention the number of two's I threw as i didn't want to sound like I was moaning :) but now you come to mention it lol. The vagaries of war Brian (good word?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot concur with the comments relating to the mathematical probabilities of how a small cube with numbers scibed upon them will tumble.
    It was just another day at the office!!

    ReplyDelete